Saturday, April 16, 2011

Signs of the times...

I have lately had a penchant for reading some of the church signs posted in our little community.  The one on the New Life church sign states, " An Closed Mouth Gathers No Foot "  They just changed it.  I smile every time I ride past.

The Church of God posted this little gem:  " The Church Is God's Gift To Man.....Assembly Required "

It stayed in my mind half the way home -- think about it.

Is there a book for these collected sayings?  A website where one can go and find a suitable post?  I should probably start carrying my camera along so I can snap a shot as I drive by.  Would that make a neat vacation?  Post a church sign a day, as we drive sedately through the countryside.    I'd need a pretty big camper.  Maybe a navigator?  Oh, here's the deal breaker - I'd need enough money to pay for gas.



I guess I'll content myself with the drive to work and home.  If I see any more signs that cause a smile, I'll bring them to you, here.

1 comment:

RANGER said...

The local coupon and advert magazine carries an ad for "The Jolly Reef" aquarium. After the list of fish to be found swimming in their tanks, there was the notation "Dog Grooming." I assume not under water, though . . .