Monday, November 16, 2009

Swine Whine

Riddle me this! After hearing that Eldest Daughter's oldest son tested positive for H1N1 this afternoon, why does my throat suddenly seem a little bit - uh, sore-ish? Not really sore but it could be if I think about it. Sooo - I just won't think about it.

I called my doctor and asked the protocol for families and was told to keep hands clean, sterilize surfaces and they wouldn't prescribe unless there were symptoms. So, I called the VA for T. and got pretty much the same advice. No preventive meds. are needed for the family, keep things clean, disinfect surfaces. Call back if symptoms develop. Eldest Daughter will follow up with the pediatrician's office in the morning to see if her youngest son should start on a preventative course of medication. The person they saw today didn't seem so inclined.

On the way home tonight, I am stopping at Walgreens to pick up NT's meds (Tamiflu), something prescribed for his cough and some children's Motrin.

Also 3 cans of Lysol,

And maybe a couple of masks.

4 comments:

RANGER said...

Oh, I do hope it limits itself to one little victim and that he gets well fast. Will pray for you all.

ol Doc said...

Thank you. S. texted me this morning that his fever has been normal since 6PM last night. 24 hours and he can return to school.

RANGER said...

Wow, he is so resilient. I am happy that his immune system is so good. Jeff-the-pastor's-son told me that his little Jessica had it, too. She threw it off like it was nothing. Good immune system, the doc said. Same as NT, evidently.

M okay? And you guys?

ol Doc said...

So far everyone is as healthy as they're gonna' be. Both boys went to school this morning and their Mama went back to work.