Sunday, March 27, 2011

Comin' At'cha!

One came from the west.....


One came from the East......


We met in the middle on a bright Saturday in March.....
 Actually, we all met at the local Cracker Barrel and had a leisurely breakfast and a family reunion type visit over the meal.  The mini reunion was brother's idea and it worked out really well.  He said it was a shame we couldn't get together with our sister (Ranger) and see each other while we were all at the same end of the state at the same time.  Ranger and her husband, J - are staying to the east of us while they are helping J's mom to recover from a stroke.  Brother lives to the west of us in the state capital, along with his lovely wife - whom we missed seeing this trip.  Each drove about an hour and a half to meet in the middle and we had a nice meal and then adjourned to my home where we continued to re-une (is that even a word?  No matter, I'm going to use it.) 

We had a lovely long visit and sat around the dining table talking our heads off and catching up on our lives until time to head back to the east and the west where spouses and houses waited their return.

I hated to see them leave.  Ranger and I did give each other a bag of reading material so I have a reminder of the visit.  I'm half way  through the first one.  Heh.

1 comment:

RANGER said...

I am reading my first Lisa Gardner, too. I had such a good time and hope Sarah is doing better.