Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Time and Time

Getting up at Dark:Thirty is so hard. I have to do it if I want to get myself off to work on time and I have to go to work if I want to get paid. So I set the radio alarm to go off at 6:00AM and then I get ready, set and coffee by 7-ish. Out the door around 10 after 7 and the drive is on roads that go North then due East. That due East stretch is a bad one if the sun is visible. It's right in the eyes and the glare is something else. It seems almost an insult to have to start out driving in the dark and wind up blinded by the sun on the same stretch of road. Ah, but this weekend things will change. I will set the clock back on Saturday night as I trundle off to bed and come Monday morning I will be drinking my coffee while I look out the window and see the sun already up. It'll be daylight. At last, things will make sense in the morning.

However - the drive home may be another story. I'll be headed more West than South and the sun....isn't there a place to lodge a complaint over Daylight Savings?

Hello?

Hello, is anybody listening?

2 comments:

RANGER said...

DST and I are not best friends either. I always feel so out of sorts after a time change. Although, some might say it is difficult to tell the difference between post-time-change and my usual state of sorts.

Zeta said...

Thank you for the update. We set the clock; lose or gain, oh boy.