Friday, October 30, 2009

Who Let Them Dogs Out...

Yesterday I came home at the normal and regular time - after 5:00PM. As I pulled to a stop before turning in our drive - I saw a red and white Pit-Bull-looking dog run out of the gate that opens to the side field. That's the access to the trailer behind us where Elder Daughter and her family live, along with her free roaming cat and some chickens in a pen. The dog stopped in the road and stared at my car as if to say, "So? What are you gonna' do about it!"

Our neighbor across the road has a couple of dogs that I've never seen but T. keeps telling me they come up in our yard and he has seen them running along the road. He didn't think they were Pit Bulls. The other day, Elder Daughter told me she had seen them and the dogs appeared to her to be Pit Bulls. It made her very uncomfortable to have them loose on the road. She and her husband have noticed both dogs along the field where the horses are. She has children who get off the school bus and run to their home behind us. T. and I spoke about the dogs last night - I was concerned that they could get after the boys as they get off the bus or could cause injury to animals on our land. T. still didn't believe the dogs were vicious and at that point discussion ceased. Well, out loud anyway. In my mind, it was another matter! Humph.

This morning T. called me at work. He had let our little white Belgian Pug, Daisy - out in the yard and both the Pit Bulls rushed at her. In her own yard!

T. was able to get Daisy away and when he called me he was still upset. He is now convinced that the dogs are Pit Bulldogs. Elder Daughter took our wee Pug to the vet when she got home and Daisy now has 2 staples where the dogs got her. We agreed to discuss the problem further tonight.

The little voice in my head isn't quite chanting, "Those dogs must go, dogs must go!..." But it's close.

4 comments:

RANGER said...

That is really terrible for Daisy and her peeps. T. is fortunate that he could get Daisy away from them without harm to himself.

I feel so indignant on your behalf. Could someone at the county level help? Hint, hint.

Susan said...

Are these dogs owned by a neighbor? Cause I have NO problem going over and talking to them when I come to visit. If not, can you call the Humane Society? I am really mad that dogs attacked Daisy but the thought that they were in your own yard enrages me.

ol Doc said...

The dogs belong to the neighbor across the street to the south of our lot. Rich called Animal Control he was so angry after S. told him what happened - he and she both have been growled at while in their yard and he just called and told Anim. Ctrl. everything that has been going on with the dogs and they said they will have someone out by noon tomorrow. It was nearly 5PM and they were still busy. The vet told Sister that neighbor Jerry probably won't keep the dogs, being as how they attacked and are Pits. He shouldn't be allowed to. The vet wrote the bill up as result of an attack. She said to call and document every time the dogs are back on the road or on our property.
Staples come out next week.

Zeta said...

Wow, I'm so sorry. Since the dogs run loose and allowed to issue terror, they need to have thier dogs taken away. Uncle T was lucky as well that he wasn't hurt as well. Daisy will be added to our prayers.