Saturday, January 9, 2010

Flurries redone


So, I have this "App" for my cell phone called My Cast. It's a weather application and since the price was right (free) I couldn't resist downloading it to my phone. I have found it most helpful in planning travel or just to see where the rain is on radar as I'm ready to go outside.

There is a feature where you can make a weather observation and then go to another map and see your observation along with what other folks have put on the site. This morning, I chose to make an observation. I said it was Mostly cloudy, Bitterly cold and my mood was Happy. That done, I went to the map to see the other poor souls who were awake that early in the day. Near my location was another Bitterly Cold but their sky was clear. Lots of cold was to the north of me. Some clouds and rain to the south. But a bit down the map, possibly towards Orlando was one observation that made me burst out laughing.
It was simply OMG Snow Flurries!

Yep, it has snowed in our fair Sunshine State. It took 15 years, for it to happen again and I missed it both times. Well, once, in 1996 or 1997, we drove over to a small town west of us and there were a few small flakes flying but that hardly counts. I guess we'll just have to bundle up and go stand in front of Wal-Mart's freezer case and see if there is enough frost built up to satisfy the wish for a winter wonderland! Maybe while we're standing there, we can get a half gallon of chocolate.

2 comments:

RANGER said...

I saw snow one year while we were in Tennessee. It was enough to last me for a lifetime. OMG, indeed!

I'm up for the chocolate, however. Half gallon for you and one for me. {Plus two spoons.)

Zeta said...

Snow Flurries. One can only wonder what is next, Thank goodness we are not dealing with hurricanes.