Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Flurries? We don't need no....flurries!

Somehow our weather has gotten mixed up with some other country's. Say somewhere in Russia? The forecast for this Thursday is calling for snow flurries as a possible event. We're not really excited about having snow in the yard or on the roof. Flurries are fine, in Atlanta or La Grange. They're also possible at both of those places in the same time frame as our local forecast is calling for.

The weather band radio also said that there might be ice on the highway, Thursday - due to moisture freezing. Duh! Frozen moisture would be ice, now wouldn't it!

When the girls were little, we used to think nothing of driving the length of the state to Stone Mountain and letting them play in the few inches of snow on top. Now that we're older and have accumulated a little bit of sense - we think nothing of piling another blanket on the bed or putting another chunk of wood in the fireplace.

I ask you! Flurries? Well, I for one might get out of bed and look outside if someone were to phone me to say it was snowing. But I'm sure not going to set my clock. T. will probably be up anyway. I'll ask him to check outside and wake me if he sees anything falling from the skies. Unless it's leaves off the trees. Then, just let me snooze.

4 comments:

RANGER said...

You and T are even farther from your comfort zone than than we are down here. And I have been complaining (whining if you must say so) about the stuff we are experiencing.

I would consider those flurries a complete betrayal of all my expectatons. Oooooh, take pictures, will you?

ol Doc said...

If it happens and the camera is at hand - I will try to get my jaw off the ground long enough to snap a photo. Last time we had snow up here was around 1984 or '85. Folks still talk about the cars sliding off the hill where Clay Electric is now!

RANGER said...

o1 Doc, please save your sliding for another purpose: no cars involved. I'm almost tempted to say that I need a text message when you get to work safely. :~)

Snow or snowless - how did your weather vote on that one?

Zeta said...

Cool. Ops. I mean Wow, snow flurries! :) In order for snow flurries to fall it would have to fall below, oh my. Extra fire wood on hand is a great idea. Maybe some hot choclate with some dipping cookies.