Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Behind the Blogger

I rarely look at Blogger behind the scenes in  Dashboard, beyond posting new items and reading the blogs I'm following and am fondest of.  But, that being said - there is a tab on Dashboard called Blogs of Note.  I have started clicking on the tab and delving into what others are posting and blogging a bout.  There is an artist who works in graphite and his drawings are amazing.  There is a person who posts lots of pictures of cats.  The New Year post for that weblog consisted of cats wearing Happy New Year tiaras and other headgear and posing in lots of ways to suggest celebrating the incoming year.  The picture that won my heart was a cat wearing a kitty sized lampshade, complete with fringe. ( http://kittystampede.blogspot.com/ )

Tonight I found a blog I had to put in my blog list.  The lady seems to have lost a computer and a great deal of input crashed.  She has just started posting again and I was immediately impressed by her writing ability. She  put up a story about a play that had me from the first word. The weblog is called The View From This End.  The writer is from "across the pond" as the English say.  She had about 236 regular readers - not as many perhaps as Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman - or as Melanie Feehan - The Coupon Goddess.  I follow both those weblogs, thanks to seeing them on Ranger's page.  I even have them delivered to my Blackberry.   But The View From This End weblog put me in mind of sitting down with a good book on a rainy night.  I just knew I was going to enjoy it.  Take a look and see what you think.

1 comment:

Moannie said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you! I came over to thank you for visiting me and for leaving a comment without a plea to 'come to you', and I find you have given me a mention. How nice is that?

Since the Blog of Note thingummy I have been inundated with 'Nice post, come and see me's'mostly from newbie bloggers, and it is impossible to respond to them all, so restricted my thank you's.
Feel bad about it, but I think, if they are good enough they will make it anyway. Took me nearly two years to reach the 200 mark [all lost with a careless click of a button.]

Anyway...I just wanted to thankyou.