Friday, December 4, 2009

There's talent and then there's - - - talent?


Well, Thanksgiving is gone and Christmas looms. Zeta has welcomed a family member to the Blogging world and when I checked out her website, I was most impressed. Additionally, I was inspired to decorate the office tree in the same style but not necessarily with the same grace.
Piccpipper's tree is so lovely that I showed a printout of it to the two - ahem, gentlemen who come to our offices daily - from a facility where the clothing choice is either an orange jumpsuit or else a vivid green shirt and khaki pants. Both items are marked on the back with the facility name and the designation"property of"

Enough about that. One of the gentlemen had set up the office tree earlier in the week and had been returning to our area to decorate it as his duties allowed. Today the two of them came by and took out our storage box of decorations and I encouraged them to use the blue ribbon as streamers down the tree - they used only blue, silver or white ornaments. It's not as gorgeous as Piccpipper's tree but it looks quite nice in the corner of the office. Welcome, PiccPiper, to the blogging world and it's great to finally visit with you in this fashion.

3 comments:

Elissa said...

Thanks for the welcome! The tree looks great! I'm glad my tree inspired you. I was telling my husband one year I would like to do the blue, white, and silver color scheme for our tree. It gives it a nice "winter" feel. It's the closest we'll get to having a real winter down here in Miami. Actually, the closest thing to "real" winter I got was when I lived in Tallahassee for school a few years back. Despite my trips to Seattle, Niagra Falls, Boston, and New York back in high school, I have yet to see real snow.

Zeta said...

Love the blue and while color scheme. Now I'm inspired to start our tree in my office as well.

It was cold on our band trip to New York which was the coldest I had ever been in my life. Little snow, tons of low temps.

ol Doc said...

Susan has pictures of "snow" for the Christmas Parade in the town south of where she lives. Her son looks like he had a blast in the white stuff. This snow didn't fall from the sky, it was blown through a hose!