Friday, May 21, 2010

Not exactly your game of Pong.

I saw on Google News where it is the 30th anniversary of Pac Man.

Wow, who keeps track of these things! And to celebrate, you could play a game right on the World Wide Web, within the Google logo. It wasn't just the familiar colorful letters as per usual. It was a game of Pac Man with the playing field around the name Google. I don't know how they did it but I took full advantage of the offering. I played Pac Man. Right on the computer at work, where access to almost everything fun, exciting or family oriented is blocked on the server.

It was just like stepping back to those early gaming days. I felt giddy, like a kid who is getting away with fooling mom and dad.

I shared the information with the one other person who happened to be in the office at the time. Pretty soon the Pac Man theme was wafting across the office and I heard the other player's voice over the music. She said,"Neat!"

It takes so little to satisfy, sometimes. Thanks, Google!

5 comments:

RANGER said...

Nostalgia, thy name is Google? That's different. I didn't try it. Now I wish I had.

Can we use the Gold Watch to go back a day? ol Doc will know what I mean . . .

ol Doc said...

I think they took the game down and it's not working any more. :(

Zeta said...

=[ Yes, it is down. If I could only repeat this one day again. We are not allowed to use the net while at work, so I missed this one day of nostalgia. But..... my Iphone will access the net. But,....I never went to Google while at work.....

ol Doc said...

.....>).....
.
.
......I played.
.
.
...It Was (<.....fun

Zeta said...

=> Glady you enjoyed you moment of Pac Man. One day, it will return. I'll be ready.