Friday, May 14, 2010

So the phone rings and.....

So, I'm sitting at the computer and the telephone rings and I pick it up and it's for T. I called him to take the call and he did. And, I'm still online and surfing the Internet.
In the good old days, when the phone rang, I wouldn't have heard anything because I was using a dial-up connection to access the Internet and y'all wouldn't have gotten through to the house. The good old days were about 20 minutes ago!
Some things change for the better. Some things are amazing. There is now a satellite dish on a post outside my side door. And a modem on the desk beside the CPU. Green lights flashing away...loading information up. Loading information down. I really need to figure out how to hook the Belkin router into the system so I can move around the house while I surf. How cool is all this technology.
Very!

3 comments:

RANGER said...

You wild and crazy techie, you. I missed the fun by just a day.

Happy-happy joy-joy. Ya- and Wa-Hoo.

New post, new post!

ol Doc said...

Sarah came and surfed. She noted that the screens changed much faster than pre-modem days. Wish there was a manual, though. Dunno if it's good or bad that the lights are flashing or when they're just constant. I could call Wild Blue? Maybe.

Zeta said...

My lights are flashing as well, so it must be a good thing. lol. All I know is that when I turn on my lap top and my steno programs, they work. Steve hears me constantly speak the words, “Ill I know how to do is use the program, not repair it when it won’t respond to what I want the system to do.” He also told me hitting the lap top does not accomplish anything. I feel better afterwards! He also told me I need more patients with computers.