Thursday, August 20, 2009

Here's proof!

I did some research online for those of you who may be thinking it isn't healthful to ingest much in the way of chocolate and other sweets. I ran a google search on the phrase "Chocolate is a Vegetable" and was able to locate the following, which I am sure not only vindicates chocolate lovers the world over but proves we are doing our civic duty when we buy Godiva....
Chocolate is a Vegetable
  • Chocolate is derived from cacao beans. Bean = vegetable. Sugar is derived from either sugar CANE or sugar BEETS. Both are plants, which places them in the vegetable category. Thus, chocolate is a vegetable.
  • To go one step further, chocolate candy bars also contain milk, which is dairy. So candy bars are a health food.
  • Chocolate-covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries all count as fruit, so eat as many as you want.
  • Diet tip: Eat a chocolate bar before each meal. It'll take the edge off your appetite, and you'll eat less.
  • If calories are an issue, store your chocolate on top of the fridge. Calories are afraid of heights, and they will jump out of the chocolate to protect themselves. (We're testing this with other snack foods as well.)
  • Chocolate has many preservatives. Preservatives make you look younger. Therefore, you need to eat more chocolate.
  • A nice box of chocolates can provide your total daily intake of calories in one place. Now, isn't that handy?
  • If not for chocolate, there would be no need for control top pantyhose. An entire garment industry would be devastated.

2 comments:

RANGER said...

Your cogent and compelling arguments convince me without question. I will immediately put my name back on the email notification list at godiva.com.

Zeta said...

There is an app on my iphone for Godiva. Godiva sugar fee is difficult find but, does exist. The shiny silver wrapper screams "Hey,...I'm over here. Buy me. Buy me."