Friday, August 21, 2009

A Special Third

The Alabama Gang is comprised of our daughter and her son - our grandson, Michael - who turned three years old today. His mommy is proud of him and justifiably so. For a three year old, he is a charming, sweet, funny, bright and friendly li'l guy. He has lots of cousins and aunts and uncles, plus his daddy living nearby. Tomorrow he will have a birthday party, but this is his actual birthday and his mommy took him to the zoo today. It's a favorite destination and I'm hoping there will be pictures.

This morning T. and I recorded a voice note that was basically a spoken duet that wished Michael a happy birthday. I sent it via a multi-media message to the cell phone and Michael had listened to it twice by the time his mommy called me to thank us for sending it.

We held a birthday party last month during their visit, knowing we wouldn't be seeing the Alabama Gang on the big day. When he walked into the dining room, he didn't realize what was happening but spotted the cake on our dining table. His comment was, "I sure do like cake!"

He blew out the candle as we sang to him. The party was a total surprise for Michael and he was so excited his hands were shaking as he opened the presents from Grandmom and Grandpa and his Aunt and Uncle and cousins. We had such a good time and Michael will get to party again tomorrow afternoon.

Happy birthday three-year-old. Many happy returns.

2 comments:

RANGER said...

I will be a belated (what else is new?) but sincere well wisher. Makes a birthday last longer, no? I do know that on time would be better . .

ol Doc said...

I'm sure I have the record on belated or skipping, altogether. Not for lack of trying but stuff just gangs up sometimes.

That and my good calendar is on the computer I can't get into. SOMEONE borrowed my keyboard!