Saturday, August 15, 2009

Let the sun shine in.... The su-un shine in!


The guy came and cut the huge oak tree that overhangs our roof on the master bedroom side of the house. (The insurance company did an inspection and told us to cut the trees on the roof, replace some bad wood on front of the house and install a railing at the back utility room door) We waited last weekend and the one before that but either Richard's friend Chris couldn't get his cousin's bucket truck or else it was raining and he wasn't cutting due to weather conditions. Today he was at the house before 8:30am and a huge orange Asplundh truck was sitting in the front yard. I mean it was a honking big thing and very orange! Part of the cedar tree was blocking access so that some small limbs had to be cut before the monster bucket truck could make its way to the back of the house. Bzzz-aw. Bzzz-aw. Nice sound in the morning when it means the job is under way.


T. and I got dressed and fled to the peace and quiet of Wally World to do our weekly shopping. When we returned home, the tree had been well and truly trimmed and the gentlemen were running branches through the shredder to clean up the job. We got quite a few oak logs that will be nice in the fireplace after some seasoning. The larger logs can go in the burn pit out back.


There is a lot more light in the back yard filtering down from overhead. Now the yard is dappled with sunshine, instead of entirely shaded. I think we're going to really enjoy the difference. Plus, when we're having a windstorm, I won't have to slide out of bed and creep down the hall to the livingroom couch in fear the oak will topple over. The thing just looks lighter than it did before.

5 comments:

RANGER said...

The only disappointed residents are birds and squirrels, no? Now you have checkered shade.

And I am so happy to see you here! But I said that, already.

susan said...

SO glad he finally came! Love the pic on your blog BTW :)

ol Doc said...

Thanks - I'm still finding my way around this blogging business. I still only am able to upload the profile picture - or even change it. May need to upgrade my connection to the faster mode before the thing stops telling me I'm not connected - when I know I am!

Zeta said...

You a and Unlce T. had the perfect response to the Oak Tree hanging over you roof. Our Aus. Pine Tree feel on the roof over Steve's bedroom while he was sleeping during Hurricae Andrew. The sound sank my heart as I ran into his bedroom. He was fine and still sleeping. I yanked one arm, and one leg sidewasys as he woke up to ask me what on earth was I doing. Oh, he said while shaking the cob webs from his head.

Zeta said...

ops your roof, I'm still sleepy too. I'm going to the kitchen to drink coffe now.